Here we have some useful information and news about stations on the air.
This the DX Cluster, these stations are on the air now :
DX News items from dx-world.net :
- ZL7DX – Chatham IslandsChris ZL2DX is now QRV from the Chatham Islands as ZL7DX. QSL manager M0OXO notes: “Chris has had several callsigns and is a veteran of several DXpeditions namely ZL4TAK & ZL4OY New Zealand, ZL4OY/A Campbell Island, ZL4OY/C & ZL7OY Chatham Island, ZM8OY and ZL8OY Raoul Island in the Kermadecs. Also operated at ZM2K and ZL8RI.”
- Alaskan Islands TrophyDX TROPHY AWARDS GROUP announces a new a trophy: “ALASKA ISLANDS“. Given for QSO/SWL report with 10-bronze / 20-silver / 30-gold /40-Cup various islands (IOTA groups) – by types of modulation: CW, SSB or MIX. Confirmation: scans of QSL cards or screenshots LOTW/Club Log. Plaque cost: $ 45 or 40 EURO. Questions and payment methods […]
- 3D2AG/P – RotumaNEWS UPDATE — Next 3D2AG/P expedition is scheduled for February-March 2018 and will have a high focus on low bands. MAY 3, 2017 — 3D2AG reports now back in Fiji after 2 days on the boat from Rotuma having left on the 28th of April. The last day of operation was on 27th of April […]
- [CATEGORY 5] Hurricane MariaHurricane Maria Discussion Number 13 NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL152017 500 AM AST Tue Sep 19 2017 Interaction of the small core of Maria with the mountainous terrain of Dominica caused only a slight diminution of the intensity of the hurricane. Data from the Air Force Hurricane Hunter aircraft after the center passed […]
- 5T5OK – MauritaniaDates: Arrival – 15th September 2017, Departure – 29th September 2017. On air approx: limited/building up 16, 17th, full operation planned from 18th till 26th, limited/dismantling 27th/28th. Call sign: 5T5OK Operators: Petr OK1BOA, Palo OK1CRM, David OK6DJ, Petr OK1FCJ, Pavel OK1GK, Ruda OK2ZA, Karel OK2ZI. DXpedition guest ops: Ahmad 5T2AI. Operation modes: […]
- FR/F8FUA – Reunion IslandAlain, F8FUA will be active from Reunion as FR/F8FUA between September 22-28, 2017. QRV on HF bands, CW/SSB/Digi. QSL via H/c.
- St Martin & Sint Maarten DXpeditionCANCELLED Joe, W3HNK and James, K3NK will be active from St Martin and Sint Maarten between October 23 to November 1, 2017. W3HNK as PJ7A & FS5KA (SSB) K3NK as PJ7/K3NK & FS/K3NK (CW/Digi) Both ops QRV as FS5KA during CQ WW SSB contest. QSL via H/cs.
- T32AZ – East KiribatiKen KH6QJ will again be active as T32AZ from Crystal Lodge, Kiritimati, East Kiribati between October 5-10, 2017. QRV on 40-20-15m, CW/SSB. QSL via KH6QJ.
- St Pierre and Miquelon DXpeditionSEPT 18 – FP/G7VJR will be on 1.820 [or so] at SS. SEPT 17 – Team at Gatwick airport soon departing for FP. Follow twitter updates @G7VJR / @M0BLF / @G3ZAY MAY 2, 2017 — Look for members of the Cambridge University Wireless Society to be active from St Pierre and Miquelon between September 18-22, 2017. […]
- RI0ZF – Beringa Island AS-039NEWS UPDATE – Konstantin was not able to QRV during the last two days. He is planning to be on the air on September 18th and 19th and then QRT. Fly back to Kamchatka on 20th. SEPTEMBER 10, 2017 — Konstantin R7KF will be active from Beringa Island AS-039 as RI0ZF between September 16-22, 2017. […]
- PJ4E & PJ4I – BonaireEric, K9ES and Charles, AD4ES will be active from Bonaire between November 21-28, 2017. QRV as PJ4E (SO80CW) and PJ4I (SO20CW) during CQWW CW contest. Outside contest as PJ4/K9ES and PJ4/AD4ES. QSL via H/cs, LOTW.
- VP2MDG & VP2MMX – MontserratDuring the CQWW SSB DX contest (October 28-29), Dennis N0SMX (also VP2MMX) and George K2DM will be active from Montserrat as VP2MDG. QSL via LoTW.
- FT8 mode and working DXGuest post by Marc, DO4DXA More and more stations and DXpeditions are using the new FT8 mode. It’s a great mode, but there has to be some improvement in the operating procedure (with the current software) when working DXpeditions or rare DX stations in general. When there are a couple callers at the same time […]
- Taymyr Islands TrophyDX TROPHY AWARDS GROUP announces a new a trophy: “TAYMYR ISLANDS“. Given for QSO/SWL report with 5-bronze / 9-silver / 13-gold various islands (IOTA groups) – by types of modulation: CW, SSB or MIX. Confirmation: scans of QSL cards or screenshots LOTW/Club Log. Plaque cost: $ 45 or 40 EURO. Questions and payment methods can […]
- AT7M – St Mary Isl, AS-096A group of radio amateurs from India will be active from St Mary Islands, AS-096 as AT7M during September 30 – October 1, 2017. St. Mary’s Islands, also known as Coconut Island, is a small island group in the Arabian Sea off the coast of Malpe in Udupi, Karnataka, India. The isles are known for […]
- QSL preview – 5A5A, LibyaDima, RA9USU was active from Libya as 5A5A in April this year. You can find detailed info on his activity from Tripoli here
- HC8LU – Galapagos IslandsAn Argentinian team featuring LU3YK, LU5FF, LU7VB, LU7YS, LU8YD and LU9VEA will be active from San Cristobal, Galapagos Islands as HC8LU between November 29 to December 8, 2017. QRV on 160-6m; SSB, JT65, FT8, PSK31 + SAT. More info here
- XW1IC – LaosChamp, E21EIC will be QRV from Laos as XW1IC on Sep 21-25, 2017. Active 80m-6m and will QRV in CQ WW RTTY Contest. Maybe Single op 20M category. QSL request via Club Log, Paper QSL via E21EIC and LoTW.
- The FREE DX-World Weekly Bulletin #215Here’s the very latest FREE DX-World Weekly Bulletin written by Bjorn, ON9CFG. As always, it’s packed full of info. This week it runs to 16 pages. You can download it here.
- KG4HH – Guantanamo BayHenry, W2DZO will be active from Guantanamo Bay as KG4HH during October 6-9, 2017. QRV on 160-10m, SSB/CW, limited op times, SASE QSL direct.